Saturday, October 1, 2011

On the Road Again

As I type this blog I am sitting in Kayla and Starr-ific's couch in North Dakota. I've had a few busy days traveling to Great Falls back to Billings. Then to Lewistown and back. And now to Bismarck North Dakota.

In Great Falls I got to see Kenz, Randy and Soni. I got to have a slumber party with Kenz. It was nice to just be around here even if we are both just sleeping. Maybe it's her soul that makes me feel comfortable. She seemed pretty worn out the whole time. I am not sure if its all the pt she's doing or what. I think she was mad that I hadn't been there in a while. At night she gave me her evil look. But in the morning when I was talking to the nurses they said she moved her head all the way towards me. So I believe she can tell voices. That makes me feel better. She did a visitor from a boy and its always interesting to see how people act when they first see Kenz. I felt bad for him I should have gave him a hug but didn't know if that would make him feel more uncomfortable. But Kenz is beautiful and moved her fingers..I am working on making her give people "the finger"

The trip to Lewistown was to raise some money. This is my go to thing to keep my mind occupied. I feel like I am making a difference and that helps. I met some really nice people. I met one asshole. Excuse my language but don't ask me what I am selling then cut me off and say oh  yeah everyone has a cause as you're walking away. Ohh people. Little kids are funny because they are so honest they don't have that filter yet. The best part is when this little boy named shawn came up and asked how much for a bracelet. My friend Ashley said $5. Shawn put his hands in his pockets and you could hear change rattling. He then looked up with a confused look on his face and asked how much is $5 again...oh I know its 2 quarters...oh wait thats a dollar its 3 quarters right? Ashley looked at me giggling asking how many quarters it was. I looked at the cute blonde boy and asked him how many quarters he had and he threw up 4 quarters and a dime and I said SOLD! What a sweet boy. some other girl tried to steal one. Other people told me they should be free. It was interesting and heartwarming for everyone to come check it out. I had a table with pictures of Kenzie then and now on the table along with some papers that Kayla wrote for me. Bless her heart. We had it broken down to 3 different pages. The first one was about Kenzie and some fun facts one of them being she has bad writing. Then there was one about the accident. The third is about her life now and struggles she is challenged with daily. The last one was my favorite and breaks my heart to read it. Kayla asked friends to help her and they wrote about meeting her and missing her now. This has changed a lot of peoples lives. I cannot emphasis this enough. Its heart breaking and heartwarming. I hate to see people hurt. But I love that she had impact on people lives

Hated things that get said.."she looks better then I thought"-I am glad that you think she looks good I agree..but if you have not seen her person or were there in the hospital bed you don't get the whole idea. Talking to Kenzie and her not being able to respond in anyway is heartbreaking she looks beautiful yes I agree. But if you aren't there or weren't there when she first got in the wreck its hard to look at the picture and get the whole idea..this mainly bothers me with family.

One girl said "at least she can sit up"...yeah with a wheelchair or someone making her she can't say oh I won't to sit up and then sit up.

Let me say this I understand when people say things they mean good. I get that. I thank everyone for talking about her praying for her and donating stuff. I appreciate it soo much. things might irritate me but I still appreciate these people..they took the time to think about Kenzie even for just a second is all right in my book

No comments:

Post a Comment