Wednesday, October 5, 2011

John LaPierre

I know this blog says Kenzie Zarn but this is MY blog so figured what the heck! :)


John and Barb LaPierre


The reason I am writing about someone else is because John and his family have a special place to my heart. Before I go on to explain John I'll give you background info.

The reason I know John is because of his daughter Sarah. Sarah is my best friend. We have been best friends since like 6th or 7th grade. The stories we could tell you of each other. My mom use to ask us if we were lesbiens because we hung out so much. We cheered together in high school and she has always been right by side through thick and thin. I remember when she was pregnant with Jayce and her calling me scared and excited. And when Jayce was born I remember seeing how well motherhood made her the happiest I've ever seen her. Or the time when she sent me a picture of her engagement ring and calling me to tell me how it happened. I was there on her wedding day. As we grow up the less we see of each other but honestly my love for Sarah is just as strong. Every girl needs a best friend and I am honored and privelaged to call her mine.







Sarah has three sister (Erin, Christy, and Jenna) and one brother (Matt). They are a very close family and over the years I have gotten to know the whole family. They really are all amazing people. They are all close and dear to my heart.








About two months ago (I may be wrong on my time line here) John was diagnosed with colon cancer. Now as some may know this is one of the toughest cancers. I believe he has like 4 surgeries so far. He's been having complications since the 1st surgery. After his 1st surgery was suppose to recover for a few weeks before he started chemotherphay. But being in out of the hospital since his first sugery has made it hard to fight off the rest of the bad cells. (I am trying to do this story justice I am sure I am missing parts that is why I will attach his caring bridge site so you can learn more and leave him some good thoughts )

As I said the LaPierre family is a very close family. Along with being a family man John does dedicate his time to the Roundup Fire Department. Everyone has been with John every step of the way. They are sellling bracelets for $5 that say "No one fights alone." Along with the bracelets there is an account set up at First Security Bank in Roundup for John. ALSO the next two sundays they are doing a benefit breakfast for John in Roundup. If you are interested anymore info on this you can check the caring bridge site or contact me at ktzarn@gmail.com and I will make sure to send you in the right direction.

Again thank you for reading and if you can keep John and his family in your prayers. They need prayers for him to heal from this last surgery and to make this his LAST surgery so he can take cancer by the balls and tell them where to shove it!!

1 comment:

  1. They are in my prayers as well as Kenzie and your family.

    ReplyDelete