Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Starry Night-Roundup Adult Prom 2012

First I'd like to thank some people for all the help! Thank you to my friends and family that had to deal with my crazy self and the silly ideas I tried to come up with. Thank you to Amanda Turley for pretty much anything I asked for. Thank you to Jessica, Rebecca and Jeni for making my balls.Thank you to my sister Heather for doing all my errands Thank you to everyone. When I first got this idea for an adult prom I had no idea what to expect. I did a ton of research on DIY decorations and just how to throw a sucessful prom as a fund raiser. I found these balls that looked like they would be simple to make. After a month and 56 balls later, I know think I was part crazy. I wanted people to walk into the gym and say wow. I am not sure if that is what happened. But I was pleased with the lights, center pieces, and the balls. I've decided to just keep doing the same theme. it will save me money and time. Setting up took about 11 hours to do total. My poor brother-in-law probably wants to kill me. He had to do the majority of the work along as he was the only guy and the tallest person there. Thank you Jack there is no way I could of done it without you! The day of the prom as I was setting up the "Kenzie table", reality hit me again. I took a moment to take everything in. I sat there and thought about how far we have come. How far Kenzie has come. How I have changed as a person. Sitting there all alone I cried for a minute and let out of all the emotions and exhaustion out. I loved watching everyone show up in their dresses, tuxes, crowns, and everything. Everyone looked beautiful and everyone seemed to have a great time. My goal was for everyone to dance and have a good night. At one point literally everyone was on the dance floor for the last few songs. Thank you for those that came expecially the people that traveled there. Thank you to my family that came to support not just Kenzie but me. I really do appreciate all of you even the people I did not know there. A few favorite moments from the prom. -Charlie and his sense of humor. If you have never met Charlie Gairrett or seen him dj/karoke you really are missing on a fun expierence. If you have an event that you need a dj contact me and I will put you in contact with him. -Pictures with Ashlie Tate. I can not even begin to say nice enough stuff about Ashlie. She did an amazing job with the back drop and her prices wereso affordable. People loved being able to get a prom picture done1 Thank you Ashlie for all you have done! -The "dancers". We had a group come and they won over the dance floor. I think everyone was a little intimidated at first. My sister got asked if I had hired professional dancers for the event. They were amazing dancers and really fun to watch! They were also very sweet and kind and beautiful! -Prom King and Prom Queen went to Matt LaPierre and Ryan Biggs -The dancing. It was fun. I had a super blast Thank you to everyone that came out.

1 comment: